Where do I find these avatars?

Started by ♠SARKID♠, August 22, 2007, 03:26:17 AM

pixelwonk

You guys are killin me.  Seriously.

Skyray

Quote from: tedda on August 23, 2007, 08:37:13 PM
You guys are killin me.  Seriously.

Do you mean that you are not inflamed that someone violated your copyright?
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

MIKE

If I were Tedd, I would not be pleased.  IIRC most were made for specific individuals.
Mike Johnston

Skyray

Sometimes it is difficult to tell what is meant, even with smilies.  Tedd said you guys are killing me.  That is subject to two interpretations.  We are in an environment where everybody seems to be grabbing these admittedly attractive avatars up and modifying them.  At least some of the comments have indicated that is acceptable;  only Tedda owns the copyrights and thus the right to grant permissions.  It is normally wrong to violate a copyright with certain notorious exceptions.  Just like it is normally wrong to turn in someone else's work as your own in a correspondence school.  Does everyone doing it make it right?  Not unless the owner of the correspondence school says it is O.K.  That's kind of what we have here, and it is Tedda's call as to whether it is acceptable.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Skyray

Theodore Agnello, creator of these adorable little avatars, clarified his feelings in another thread.  Don't steal them; it offends him.
Doug Johnson - Miami

jimmydeanno

Quote from: JC004 on August 22, 2007, 07:25:22 PM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 22, 2007, 06:28:57 PM
Quote from: JC004 on August 22, 2007, 06:12:17 PM
It was the famous Tedda.  I believe he has retired from the avatar business.  You could, however, steal one from the collection and absolutely mutilate it in MS Paint like everyone else does.

Don't worry about them...I made you one  >:D

That cadet has silver braid on its hat.

Yeah, that was my joke about mutilating them in Paint - which you can I've done with great expertise  :D Since I have no real graphic ability - I wanted to make sure everyone knew it wasn't a Tedda Original (TM)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill