Main Menu

qual renewal

Started by KLThomson, January 17, 2008, 07:36:06 AM

KLThomson

I have MO and MS quals that have been expired for a while because military commitments have gotten in the way.  Am wondering if I will have to go through the entire qual process to get my ratings back.  I'm active army and havent had much time in the last few years to keep up on things.

Eclipse

YMMV depending on wing, set and how long they have been expired.

If they are older then the current rev of the ES Curriculum, you'll probably have to do it all over, as there were a lot of tasks added in the revision.

If you're a year out, you might just have to do a mission or two to get re-qualed, however bear in mind that in any case within the 3-years qualification period you're supposed to redo all the taskings for proficiency (and get your signs offs updated.

This replaced the old ARTS and METLS testing.

"That Others May Zoom"

LtCol Hooligan

For my wing we have to print a blank SQTR and find an SET.  From there, we review each line item on the SQTR and the SET signs the person off (note- some skills are demoed to the SET).  From there, the member must show they did the training mission and then the rating is entered in OPs qual under single achievement entry as a renewal.  The member files their SQTR in their ES 114.
ERIK C. LUDLOW, Lt Col, CAP
Director of IT; Director of Cadet Programs
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.ndcap.us

SJFedor

By regulation, if it's been expired less then 2 years, then yes, you can renew them. Your wing may have different policies.

We have a similar policy that LtCol Hooligan has, except that, instead of just having a SET re-evaluate you and you show that you participated in a mission in the past 3 years, we require that the SET evaluate you while acting in that capacity.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)