Main Menu

Pilot Suvey

Started by ESPluto, January 02, 2008, 12:02:36 AM

ESPluto

I found this on the internet, it's a Pilot Saftey Survey similar to that of NASA, maybe it will be better and the results won't be as hard to understand.  Some of you pilot tyes may want to check this out. 
http://www.freewebs.com/enceladusengineering/pilotsurvey.htm
C/SrA Nicholas Coates
Emerald City Composite Squadron
Wichita, Kansas

SJFedor

I'd be curious to know what this information is being used for.

There's quite a few questions that could be rewritten as "If you answer yes, would you like to give me your pilot certificate now, or wait for the FSDO to call?"

Not only that, but something being run on a freewebs website makes me wary, as I could set something up on there rapidly and make it look "legit"

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

_

Not trying to hijack the thread but does anybody know about the "SAR Tools" on that same site?

ESPluto

I do. I'm sorry that this stuff may not look legit, but it's my own little organization I created. I would've liked to get my own domain name but as that I have $0 to spend, I can't.  The Pilot Survey is gathering data for me to use in the future for what is called an extended essay that I must do to get my IB Diploma.  In the survey I use a technique where each question sort of cross checks other questions, that way you can get a clearer read on what the person is trying to say and makes it harder to lie. So I guess I didn't really "find" that site, I just didn't want people to feel pressured by one of their own to do it.  But I might abandon that, as SJFedor said, it doesn't come across as legit, so I've had only one response.

Anyway, SARTools is a program that I've spent the last four months developing, in fact I'm online now becasue I was just working on it, adding a DF simulator for ground units to it, and I hope to have screenshots of it up. Currently, editions of it have been distributed to personnel in KS, MD, TX, IA, and CA wings.  It's really my first attempt at a large, complex program. Only about 8 MB in size. It also doesn't require installation, as an executable file it can be run from a jump drive, CD, or you can put it on your desktop.
C/SrA Nicholas Coates
Wichita, Kansas

SJFedor

The main reason it concerns me is because there's no statement of purpose for the study. If it said "This study is being used for data collection in an extended essay I need to write to achieve xxx" then that gives the study a context, and a purpose visible to the person being interviewed. Most people, especially pilots, want to know what they're doing.  ;D

I'd be glad to participate, I was just really curious where the data was headed.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

ESPluto

I'm new at this stuff, so I love it when people help me out and give tips.  Thanks! I'll probably fix that in a little while, I've been busy programming all day. =)
C/SrA Nicholas Coates
Wichita, Kansas