Flying out of body...

Started by Nomex Maximus, December 10, 2007, 08:39:53 PM

Nomex Maximus

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

Duke Dillio

So just a note for you kids:  Don't smoke crack when operating an airplane....

♠SARKID♠

And oh look, they even used the China airlines incident as an illustrative photo...

QuoteSo just a note for you kids:  Don't smoke crack when operating an airplane....

But isnt that what they meant by getting "high"?

Duke Dillio

I'm pretty sure it wasn't "Aim high, smoke crack"...

MIKE

Mike Johnston

SJFedor

SD really does suck though. When I did my instrument, just for giggles, my instructor "failed" all my instruments with me under the hood, and had me make standard rate level turns just by feel. Ended up in one of them REALLY super unusual attitudes. Didn't serve any true purpose, except how important it is to focus on your instruments when you're in the soup, cuz doing it by feel will get you in trouble 100% of the time.

Can't say I've ever had an out of body experience though.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Duke Dillio

^What was the unusualy attitude position?  Was it one of the famed inverted search patterns that I have heard so much about?

flyerthom

TC

SJFedor

Quote from: sargrunt on December 10, 2007, 11:31:43 PM
^What was the unusualy attitude position?  Was it one of the famed inverted search patterns that I have heard so much about?

Something just short of a spin. You haven't lived until you've done a spin under the hood.

With a safety pilot/CFI in the other seat, of course  ;D And not in a CAP aircraft

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)