Quick flying question...

Started by Stonewall, December 07, 2007, 03:29:53 AM

Stonewall

Well poo on you.  I'll just have to switch to the NGSAR patch.  It's a shame that the LL Hawk patch is the one authorized because it's so cheaply made.  It doesn't even have an embroidered edge around it.  I have one, but I ain't wearing that one either.

I've never scrolled down in 39-1 far enough to know the patches were shown.  That really gets my goat.

But I bet I looked better than the guy I flew with  >:D    He had flag sewn to left shoulder, command patch velcroed to front, big ugly squadron patch sewn to right shoulder about 1" too far forward so it was resting more on his bicep than his shoulder.  Good pilot though, taught me a lot.  If I could just get him to square away his flight suit.
Serving since 1987.

Duke Dillio

Do it like Cinderella Kirt, rip all his stuff off and hand it to him.  Then, make him do pushups til he pukes the whole time calling him a "girly man" with an improper bag......

Wait, wait, that wouldn't be right.....

Nevermind, retract last statement.

SJFedor

Quote from: Stonewall on December 10, 2007, 11:29:47 AM
39-1 says...

QuoteOptional Shoulder Patch: Worn centered 1/2 inch below shoulder seam on right sleeve. Member may choose one of the authorized patches for the right shoulder, may be wing, region or National shoulder patch.

And...

QuoteTable 6-4. Wear of Badges, Patches, and Devices on Flight Suits, BDUs, Utility Uniforms and Field Uniforms.

If an individual wears:

National Cadet
Special Activities
Patches

To include...

Hawk Mountain Patch

Then the individual wears the patch...

on the right sleeve 1/2 inch
below shoulder seam of
BDU or field uniform
shirt, BDU or dark blue
field jacket, utility uniform
or flight suit.

Kirt, you made me dig through the frackin HMRS website.

Quote from: HMRS Uniform Accessories
Civil Air Patrol Hawk Mountain Ranger School Insignia.

This is a non-uniform insignia available only though the Hawk Mountain BX. All proceeds from the sale of this insignia go towards helping the Hawk Mountain Ranger School Staff Training Program.

http://www.pawingcap.com/hawk/uniform_items.htm

Emphasis mine.

Come to MAS next year, you can wear your class patch illegally, too!  >:D >:D >:D Just jokin bro...

>:( I still wanna wear mine...

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

SJFedor

Quote from: Cmdbuddy on December 10, 2007, 03:56:20 AM
Ah ok.. didn't know that you could get only some of it. 

I've only flown in my dad's plane twice (I normally fly heavily flown C-172R's) and the whole G-1000 thing is so amazing. 

Only thing he's really missing is TCAS, which is apparently along the lines of 15 grand to get installed.  He has the lesser form of it (receiving the information from the ground in certain areas), but he definitely misses the TCAS he had in the Baron. 

You're right... the METAR and TAF stuff is cool, but I definitely like the airport information (frequencies and all) in there.  We had to make a "pit stop" when he came up to get me from college for Thanksgiving (got food poisoning from a drive through Japanese place the day before), and it was nice to punch in "nearest airport" and get everything we could ever need for it. 

Yeah, the TIS is neat when you're in an area that supports it. Scares me though, every now and then it'll refresh and display the aircraft I'm in as a target right on top of me. Spooks me every time. Scared the crap out of one of my MOs once, too. The frequencies are the absolute bomb, you don't even have to enter them by hand, you can just hit enter and they dial right in.

Best part, the GPS approach to the helipad of the trauma center I work at is in there. It's a non-published approach, private only, but it's in there. I'm tempted to fly it once....to the MAP, of course  ;D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations

Stonewall

Quote from: SJFedor on December 10, 2007, 11:22:48 PM
Kirt, you made me dig through the frackin HMRS website.

Quote from: HMRS Uniform Accessories
Civil Air Patrol Hawk Mountain Ranger School Insignia.

This is a non-uniform insignia available only though the Hawk Mountain BX. All proceeds from the sale of this insignia go towards helping the Hawk Mountain Ranger School Staff Training Program.

http://www.pawingcap.com/hawk/uniform_items.htm

Emphasis mine.

Okay folks, I'm not perfect.  Geeeezum crow.  You know I hate wearing something illegal, but I genuinely thought it was a legit patch to wear.  It's off; ain't wearing it again...  Will switch to NATIONAL GSAR SCHOOL patch.  Notice I didn't say "NATIONAL EMERGENCY SERVICES ACADEMY" patch.  I went when it was hard.  :)
Serving since 1987.

SJFedor

Quote from: Stonewall on December 10, 2007, 11:34:14 PM
Okay folks, I'm not perfect.  Geeeezum crow.  You know I hate wearing something illegal, but I genuinely thought it was a legit patch to wear.  It's off; ain't wearing it again...  Will switch to NATIONAL GSAR SCHOOL patch.  Notice I didn't say "NATIONAL EMERGENCY SERVICES ACADEMY" patch.  I went when it was hard.  :)

You're not perfect, but you're usually REALLY close. So, we hafta harp on you a little. Just some friendly hazing  ;D

Besides, I'd be more proud of a NGSAR patch or NESA patch then a Hawk patch.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver

Stonewall

Quote from: SJFedor on December 10, 2007, 11:37:10 PMBesides, I'd be more proud of a NGSAR patch or NESA patch then a Hawk patch.

Well, technically I am.  Especially since I was commandant of the advanced course.  But I really like that particular Hawk patch.  It's rather simple and says the words "SEARCH AND RESCUE SCHOOL" vs "NGSAR" which some may not understand.
Serving since 1987.

Duke Dillio

Hey Kirt, did you get your master blaster while you were at Hawk for the winter thing?

Stonewall

I've had Master GTM for years before that.  Whenever they made earning Ground Operations Director (GOD), now Ground Branch Director (GBD) meant that you got Master GTM, that's when I got it.  Sometime in the late '90s.

I had Master GTM at NGSAR in '99, so I'm pretty sure it was between '96 and '98.
Serving since 1987.

Duke Dillio

I was talking about Expert Ranger or Master Ranger or whatever it is they call them.

Stonewall

Quote from: sargrunt on December 11, 2007, 12:01:11 AM
I was talking about Expert Ranger or Master Ranger or whatever it is they call them.

Oh heck no.  I don't follow that stuff.  I don't even know if I have a "Ranger" rating.  Wasn't important to me.  I just went up there to see what it's all about. 
Serving since 1987.

SJFedor

R/Ex

I'm diving deep into the memory banks, but they usually require a summer school for R/1, and I think they want you on staff for R/Ad and R/Ex.

I'm NOT going back to look at the HMRS website. Place gives me a headache like when you walk into a nail salon.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver

Duke Dillio

You would think they would be a little more creative with their background....  Black and orange is soooo 70's...

jimmydeanno

Quote from: SJFedor on December 11, 2007, 12:11:28 AM
... Place gives me a headache like when you walk into a nail salon.

Something we should know?  >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

mikeylikey

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 11, 2007, 01:24:23 AM

Nothing wrong with a guy getting his nails done.   :-*
What's up monkeys?

SJFedor

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 11, 2007, 01:24:23 AM

Just times where the girlfriend has dragged me in to "keep her company", i.e. sit there and read 6 month old magazines. Trust me, I'm the complete polar opposite of anything you could call "metro"

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver