All Cadet O-Flights on Hold?

Started by BlackKnight, November 15, 2007, 07:31:14 PM

mikeylikey

Quote from: flyguy06 on November 19, 2007, 04:42:32 PM
But just because funding has not been signed why do we have to hold O-flights? If I decide topay for it myself couldnt I still conduct them?

You want to pay for some of them my way as well?  I guess if Wings have money, couldn't they just Corporate the O-Flight mission?
What's up monkeys?

BlackKnight

That's precisely my point.  We're being told "NO" for corporate (user-paid) cadet training flights as well as the regular USAF-funded cadet O-flights.  Right now we're looking at commercial alternatives to continue cadet flight training.  Cost factor increases by at least a factor of 5, and the cadets may have to travel out-of-state to get the desired facilities and aircraft.  They are very far along with their training and lack only 5 or 6 flights to finish up for their FAA license.  Too much momentum will be lost if they stop now.
Phil Boylan, Maj, CAP
DCS, Rome Composite Sqdn - GA043
http://www.romecap.org/

flyguy06

Quote from: mikeylikey on November 19, 2007, 06:06:49 PM
Quote from: flyguy06 on November 19, 2007, 04:42:32 PM
But just because funding has not been signed why do we have to hold O-flights? If I decide topay for it myself couldnt I still conduct them?

You want to pay for some of them my way as well?  I guess if Wings have money, couldn't they just Corporate the O-Flight mission?

I can get sponsors fromlocal churches or community organizations to fund O-flights.