Main Menu

New Personnel Question

Started by West MI-CAP-Ret, March 13, 2013, 04:19:49 PM

West MI-CAP-Ret

:)

As I work my way through my Personnel portion of the SUI worksheet, I don't see where Personnel folks have a requirement to list (so I assume maintain) a file for eServices notifications regarding change of duty status notifications.

Dave
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

Eclipse

What would you need those for?

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

If you are compelled to maintain a paper record, write all that stuff in the CAPF 45. Or stick a current copy of the Member Search Report from each person's eServices record. To me, that's overkill.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Private Investigator

Quote from: DemonOps on March 13, 2013, 04:19:49 PM
:)

As I work my way through my Personnel portion of the SUI worksheet, I don't see where Personnel folks have a requirement to list (so I assume maintain) a file for eServices notifications regarding change of duty status notifications.

Dave

Do you mean like, John Doe Assistant Safety Officer, 1-1-11 to 6-30-12, CDC, 7-1-12 to present?

You can show that on his CAPF 45 or I would prefer with PAs.

SarDragon

I think PAs are getting outmoded. Duty assignments can be made in eServices, and reports are available showing who is what, which is why I suggested putting a Member Search Report printout in the CAPF 45.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Private Investigator

Quote from: SarDragon on March 18, 2013, 06:15:07 AM
I think PAs are getting outmoded. Duty assignments can be made in eServices, and reports are available showing who is what, which is why I suggested putting a Member Search Report printout in the CAPF 45.

From a historical POV I like PAs because it shows who was your Staff in 1983 for example. Or who was SQ127/DC in 1989? The Member Search Report goes back to maybe 2004. Just like ESPN do not think sports happen before they started up   ;)

SarDragon

Oh, I certainly agree on that point. I have a handful of PAs in my own record for just exactly that reason.

I said "getting", because the extra effort is generally no longer needed for current assignments. Push the button in eServices and the assignment is done. Print a copy of the Member Search Report, and there's your hard copy.

Groups and wings, because of their varying staff structures, still need to do PAs, but there's not much need at the squadron level.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret