Cadet Position when speaking

Started by captrncap, March 30, 2006, 07:50:27 PM

captrncap

When cadets speak to Senior Members (or above their grade), how should they stand? Should they be at attention until otherwise instructed? Once told at ease or as you were, should they be standing with their hands on their hips, hands down at their side or arms folded? What is the proper sign of respect? ???

Westernslope

shorning

Quote from: captrncap on March 30, 2006, 07:50:27 PM
When cadets speak to Senior Members (or above their grade), how should they stand? Should they be at attention until otherwise instructed? Once told at ease or as you were, should they be standing with their hands on their hips, hands down at their side or arms folded? What is the proper sign of respect? ???

What do the leadership manuals say?

mikeylikey

Stand however they feel like standing is fine.  I do hate when any of my officers or soldiers cross their arms when speaking to me.  It is just disrespectful.  It gives the appearance that they do not wish to be standing their speaking to me.  In CAP I honestly don't care how they stand.
What's up monkeys?

Becks

Usually stand at attention until otherwise told, and once told at easy go into parade rest.  Granted this in not exactly reg, nor am I attempting to say it is.  I find that this tends to be more respectfull than simply standing there with your hands on your hips or arms folded.  Just look respectfull and you should be fine.

BBATW