Main Menu

Encampment stories

Started by Kal, March 28, 2008, 12:24:31 AM

ck4

Sir,
     I never said I was a Board Certified Opthamologist. But it did not blind him and he was taken up the chain of command and they punished him accordingly. Everyone is taking this out of proportion it was a thread about stories and I told one.
C/A1C D. Case Knight
SER-MS-099 Eagle Composite Squadron
MS/AL Joint Encampment, Alpha Flight 2011
MS Wing CAC 2011-2012
NBB 2012

RogueLeader

Quote from: ck4 on May 15, 2012, 09:22:48 PM
Sir,
     I never said I was a Board Certified Opthamologist. But it did not blind him and he was taken up the chain of command and they punished him accordingly. Everyone is taking this out of proportion it was a thread about stories and I told one.

You stated that as a fact that Tabascos sauce WILL NOT blind you. I tell you that it can as I've seen it back on bragg. Just because it didn't blind him in one incident; that doesn't mean that it can't.

There are stories that are fun or cool to tell. This is not one of them. It could be the inspiration for someone that may end up permanently blinding them.

Just because some real military personnel do it, that does not mean it is ok for any use, and ABSOLUTELY NOT ok for somebody to put it in another's eyes.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

abdsp51

Yep had to remove those from mre packets before giving them to detainees for that sole purpose.

spacecadet97

Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on April 19, 2011, 10:19:58 PM
At KSWG Encampments, guidon stealing has been outlawed. The only way a guidon can get "snatched" is if it is left by the flight and they don't realize it, a command staff member or senior may grab it up and take it back to Wing HQ (our encampments are at Wing HQ), to sit in the encampment commander's office. It is up to the encampment commander how the flight will get their guidon back. Over the past couple couple years, they have required a letter written by the flight asking for it back and a little bit of groveling. We have also done away with singing to get misplaced items back.
Sir, I went to the KSWG Winter Encampment as a basic last year, and there was a case of guidon stealing by the staff, led by a C/2Lt (who also happened to be the Commandant's son).
C/TSgt

cadetesman

My encampment was pretty standard. Best story I have was freaking out on the way there, about buying a new, more subdued watch, on account of the fact that I was worried I wouldn't be allowed to keep my neon green G Shock. Ended up with a 10 dollar watch. Saw plenty of people with G Shocks. A good time was had by all.

GTCommando

Quote from: cadetesman on May 18, 2012, 01:03:47 AM
My encampment was pretty standard. Best story I have was freaking out on the way there, about buying a new, more subdued watch, on account of the fact that I was worried I wouldn't be allowed to keep my neon green G Shock. Ended up with a 10 dollar watch. Saw plenty of people with G Shocks. A good time was had by all.

Aw, they actually let you use watches? Not knowing what the heck your staff is going to do next is half the fun!  ;D ;)

Anyway, a story about guidons... Last year, I attended OHWG ATS (Advanced Training Squadron). About halfway through encampment, Squadron 3 (Basic squadron) actually lost their guidon. And I mean lost, as in nobody knew where it was. So, our ATS Commander decided to make them a new one...out of duct tape and ballpoint pens.  ;D We made the actual pennant entirely out of duct tape, and the staff was comprised of twisted duct tape, empty ballpoint pens, tent stakes, and anything else we could find. Then our more artistic cadets wrote out the letter/number designations, along with some *cough* motivational graphics *cough*. We then proceeded to present the guidon to the Squadron 3 Commander, who was a tad flustered, to say the least. However, they treated that guidon like their own for the rest of the week, though it did sag a bit when performing Present Arms...  ;) ;D ;D ;D
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

titanII

Quote from: GTCommando on May 18, 2012, 02:20:34 AM
Aw, they actually let you use watches? Not knowing what the heck your staff is going to do next is half the fun!  ;D ;)
Yeah, they didn't let us basics have watches at last summer's MAWG Encampment.
No longer active on CAP talk

a2capt

"not knowing if you could keep it"?

Was it on the list? If not, it goes in a bag, or something, and you get it back when you leave. Unless it's food, they usually eat that. ;)

Eagle

On the topic of the Tobasco sauce, I'm good friends with the Alpha Flight sergeant from the AL/MS 2011 encampment, and the Encampment Commandant, and I'm pretty sure the Tobasco was put on the cadet's mouth, not his eyes. Knowing the commandant, if the cadet had put the sauce in the victim's eyes, he would have been dismissed.
C/2dLt Thomas Bracker
Pell City Composite Squadron
Alpha Flight Commander

Struts

Having a watch is no fun. When I was at my basic encampment the closest I got to knowing the time was the clock in the cafeteria. Anybody else here going to be a flight sergeant at their next encampment?

Eclipse

Quote from: Eagle on May 18, 2012, 05:47:46 AM
On the topic of the Tobasco sauce, I'm good friends with the Alpha Flight sergeant from the AL/MS 2011 encampment, and the Encampment Commandant, and I'm pretty sure the Tobasco was put on the cadet's mouth, not his eyes. Knowing the commandant, if the cadet had put the sauce in the victim's eyes, he would have been dismissed.

Excellent, so instead of blinding him, he might have aspirated it, or vomited all over himself and his rack - so much better.

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

You forgot the part where staff gave us candy...  >:D

QuoteAnybody else here going to be a flight sergeant at their next encampment?
I applied to be. Why?
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Struts

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on May 18, 2012, 10:01:09 PM
I applied to be. Why?
Just wondering. I'm slotted as Echo flight sergeant for the joint New Hampshire Vermont Wing encampment.

Sgt. Papa

Cashboy, ME TOO! Echo Flight Sergeant of Massachusetts Wing Summer Encampment

Struts

Quote from: Sgt. Palmer on May 20, 2012, 12:06:21 AM
Come up with any good sounding names for echo flight that start with E? Nothing sounds good with E I'm telling you.  :'(

Best I've come up with is Eagles. 

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Cashboy on May 20, 2012, 12:45:36 AM
Come up with any good sounding names for echo flight that start with E? Nothing sounds good with E I'm telling you.  :'(

Elephants. Elephants own all. They are pretty BA.

earthworms, earwigs, eyewitness, eavesdroppers, ebullience, eelworms, eels, eggs. Psst: http://www.scrabblelookup.com/word/portion/search/e
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Struts

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on May 20, 2012, 02:00:50 AM
Quote from: Cashboy on May 20, 2012, 12:45:36 AM

Elephants. Elephants own all. They are pretty BA.

earthworms, earwigs, eyewitness, eavesdroppers, ebullience, eelworms, eels, eggs. Psst: http://www.scrabblelookup.com/word/portion/search/e
Echo eels? Echo Earthworms? I think Echo Eardrops would go over well...But the elephant on a giudon might go over well. But I like Echo Electricity.  8)

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

crisptheyounger

Cadet: 2006-2013, Spaatz #1873

Struts

Quote from: crisptheyounger on May 20, 2012, 05:32:18 AM
Echo Echo  8)
I'll yell Echo Flight and they will yell back, "Echo!"  8)